Many thanks for having chosen DrGreenStore for your quality cannabis seeds.
When you buy with us we take care that the seeds are in perfect condition and fresh as possible as this will guarantee you a successful germination rate.
Once you receive the seeds we recommend to store them in a cool and dark place, usually, it would be wrapped in a plastic film and put in the door of the fridge between 4º C to 8º C - do it so if you intend to keep them for a long period of time.
Obviously, the higher germination rate you will ever get is by planting the seeds as soon as you receive them.
There are many different methods for germinating the seeds but overall keep it simple to the following principles.
Marijuana seeds need the following to get the best germination rates:
- Moisture – Keep things moist but not soaking (you can soak hard seeds for up to 24-32 hours, but do not leave seeds soaking in water for longer than that).
- Patience – Like everything, seeds need to be some time for the taproot to show up. It can take 1-2 days until 7 days in some very rare cases... so be patient!
- Warmth – Keep things warm to get the best germination rates, but not too hot! We recommend a temperature between 24º C to 28º C for best results. Seeds can definitely germinate in cooler temps like 20º C, but germination tends to take longer when it’s cool. Under 15º C they won't germinate at all... so maybe the best you can do is to monitor the room temperature with a thermometer.
- Gentle – Be careful when moving the seeds, and treat them gently when you have to check them. Especially avoid touching their white root because the taproot is very fragile and easily breaks off!
- Root Downwards – When planting germinated seeds, point the white root downwards into the growing medium to prevent the seedling from growing upside down.
- Plant Not Too Deep – Planting germinated seeds about a half-inch to an inch (1.3 cm – 2.5 cm) down from the surface of the medium should be enough, they don’t have to be placed too far under in the growing medium.
Remember that As long as a seed germinates, it’s a good seed!
Germinate Seeds Directly in Soil
It’s the most natural way for marijuana plants to grow. Just plant your seeds in the soil that you intend to grow. Make sure that the soil has a PH of approximately 6. This type of soil will have spores and mineral that help young marijuana plants thrive. Do not add nutrients – potting soil has enough nutrients for at least the first two weeks of the plant’s life. If you add any more nutrients, you risk killing your seedlings due to a nutrient overdose. Place your soil in a small pot.
Germinate Seeds in Water
To germinate with water, fill a glass with tap water and allow it to reach room temperature over a few hours. The temperature should be around 18° C or 65° F. Do not add nutrients. Add the cannabis seeds into the water and wait patiently. Refill the glass with fresh water every other day while maintaining its temperature. After about 2 to 4 days the seeds should start to germinate. You can place your seeds in the soil at any point, but once the roots are 3 to 5 mm (.1 to .2 inches) long, they must be planted.
Germinate with Cotton Pads or Paper Towels
To germinate using cotton pads, place a few seeds between two cotton pads and moisten with a plant sprayer. When using a paper towel, place the seeds in between two paper towels and store the towel-cushioned seeds in between two plates, under an upside-down bowl or in a plastic bag. Keep the temperature around 22° Celsius, or 72° Fahrenheit, and (once again) do not place the seeds on a windowsill. In about 2 to 5 days, the seeds will start to split open, and a tiny root should appear. Place them in the soil when they are 3-5 mm or 0.1- 0.2 inches long.